Monday, April 22, 2013

Who am I

I was born in Wan-do gun, Korea (South), on Jun 17th 1967. I earned M.D. degree on Feb 1992 at Dong-A University located in Busan, Korea (South) . I completed 4-years residency in Ob/Gyn at Dong-A University Hospital in Busan (from 1993 to 1997). I had served for 3-years mandatory milatary service, from 1997 to 2000. During the peroid, public health was main duty, caring for the people lack of medical service. Most of them had been sufferimg from chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension. Another main duty was preventing from spreading sexually transmitted disease (STD) in the town area. Usually in rural area, STD was epidemic, such as gonococcal infection and syphilis. I evlauated gram stain slide smeared women's vagina discharge through speculum exam and prescribed medicine to the infected women. Serologic test for syphilis was performed as well.
From 2000 to present, I have been serving as a professor at Dong-A University, Depatment of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Last year, I was appointed as a department chairman.

No comments:

Post a Comment